Synstone Architectural Wall & Cladding Panels
Enclosures of buildings have always been a major concern for architects and engineers. During the last few decades, the demand for new buildings has exponentially increased. Costs have been rising quickly and less time has been allocated for developing construction materials and methods. Buildings have become more complicated, largely as a result of increasing demand for greater control of interior conditions. Heating, venting and electrical systems have become more elaborate, mostly due to the design of the exterior walls. As a result, over the past 20 years, there has been a growing knowledge of the physical phenomena that control the performance of buildings. This is sometimes referred to as "building science".
In an endeavour to speed up the building process while reducing costs, Synstone International by benefit of its knowledge of building science has introduced materials and various methods for construction of exterior wall systems and rain screen solutions. The versatile Synstone concrete panel is the only material that can be utilized to construct wall systems in nine different methods. The methods are as follows:
- Synstone fibre concrete panel cladding systems attached to buildings by face fastening or back fastening to a wall system allowing the "Rain Screen Principle" to be used, as shown in our catalogue.
- Lightweight architectural glass fibre reinforced precast concrete cladding panels with steel studs and flex anchor as recommended by Prestressed Concrete Institute.
- Thermo-Shield® Cladding System - A cladding panel consisting of Synstone glass fibre reinforced concrete fully bonded to rigid insulation of various thicknesses can be attached directly, by face fastening, to any substrate such as steel or wood studs, brick or block and/or cast-in place concrete wall.
- Synstone solid glass fibre reinforced concrete panels attached to buildings by hanging systems, as shown in our catalogue.
- Spandrel Panels for curtain walls, Synstone sandwich panels are made to fit within curtain wall systems.
- Balcony Panels - Hide the mess of personal storage on balconies with Synstone panels glazed into balcony framing systems.
- Sandwich Panels - One piece total wall systems, interior wall, insulation and exterior.
- Soffit Panels - Face fastened or back fastened to soffit area, rapid installation and no maintenance required.
- Roofing Panels - A long term sustainable alternative to tradition roofing materials.